SmartRecruiters admins can follow these steps to configure their SmartRecruiters instance with TalentWall:
1. In SmartRecruiters, from the menu in the upper right corner, choose Settings / Admin.
2. Navigate to Company Settings > Administration > Apps & Integrations.
3. From the subsequent Apps & Integrations page, select the Credentials tab, and click New Credential.
4. Select "API Key," and click Next.
5. You will be prompted to enter a Credentials Name and Description for the API key. These fields can be named anything, but we recommend prepending or appending each field with "TalentWall" so it's easier to identify the API calls coming from the TalentWall app. After a name and description are entered, click Generate.
6. A pop-up will appear with your newly generated API key. Copy this key and store in a secure location like a password manager for safekeeping.
7. Log into TalentWall: https://allegro.talentwall.io/users/log_in. Upon logging in to your account, click the blue button that says, "Before you start, please link and import your ATS data."
8. Paste the API key you copied from SmartRecruiters into the Set API Token field. Afterward, click Save.
9. Once you have saved your API Key, an option should appear to start the initial download which pulls data from SmartRecruiters into TalentWall. If this option does not appear, please refresh the Account Settings page and return to the ATS Connection tab. Click Start Initial Import.
The import may take up to a few hours depending on how much data you have in SmartRecruiters. When it's done, you'll see the initial import run has succeeded and then you're ready to go!
10. When your initial import is complete, click on the Wall tab from the top horizontal navigation bar.
The Wall will look something like this because the SmartRecruiters API does not reveal which hiring processes are assigned to which job(s). Users must assign them each manually in the TalentWall app.
To assign a hiring process to a job, click the blue “Set hiring process” button. You’ll get a list of all your company’s hiring processes.
For each job, click the respective Hiring Process that is set up in SmartRecruiters (this may be a good time to add all the recruiters on your team as TalentWall users and then have them assign hiring processes to their own jobs.)
If you don’t know which hiring process is assigned to the job, you can check in your SmartRecruiters app by clicking the “Hiring Process” tab on the job details page.